Keeping up to date with changing rules and guidelines and communicating them to your customers can be a lot of work!
We've compiled a list of links and resources including up to date information about case numbers and regulations, downloadable signage, information about rent relief and support services.
Regulations and Support for your business from Business Victoria
The offical government website covering case numbers, testing, transport, quarantine and information to help your business stay safe and stay open. Updated daily:
On it you'll find:
- Summary of
COVIDSafe Summer restrictions
- How we work: Information for business and industry about Victoria's COVIDSafe Summer for work
- Guidance for sectors including Industry Restart Guidelines and frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Record keeping for contact tracing for businesses and workplaces required to collect contact details from patrons
- Victorian Government QR Code Service — register your business, get a QR code and check in your customers and visitors to help keep Victoria COVIDSafe
- Information to help you
create a COVIDSafe workplace
- Six principles of COVIDSafe workplaces
- Signs, posters and templates to promote a COVIDSafe workplace
- Public events requirements and framework
- COVIDSafe Plans
High Risk COVIDSafe Plans for your business
- The COVID Marshal role, aimed at ensuring workplaces are COVIDSafe at all times
- Support for businesses — coronavirus (COVID-19) business grants and support programs can still be found on Business Victoria in our
Grants and assistance section
- Financial support including Australian Government, Victorian Government and other support for employees, apprentices and business owners
- Working for Victoria initiative for employers and jobseekers
Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme
Information for Victoria’s small business tenants and landlords facing financial hardship as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19): the Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme has been extended until 28 March 2021.
For more information about the Scheme, see the Victorian Small Business Commission website for
commercial tenants and landlords, the process under the Scheme
and responses to frequently asked questions Coronavirus (COVID-19) business support.
Downloadable Signs and posters for your workplace from Worksafe Australia
- COVIDSafe resources for businesses including posters and social media tiles
- COVIDSafe resources for businesses in languages other than English
Health and hygiene
- Department of Health - Simple steps to help stop the spread poster
- Department of Health - Posters for businesses
- Department of Health - Keeping your distance poster
- World Health Organisation - How to hand wash poster
- World Health Organisation - How to hand rub poster
The Department of Health also has a collection of other
Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources for industry and the general public.
The Victorian Government has implemented
mandatory requirements for wearing masks in public.
Local Small Business Support Services from Darebin Council
Business support line
Call 8470 8888 and select the option for the business support line service open 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri (except public holidays). Through this service, Darebin Council provide advice and support for your business. As most of the team are working remotely, please leave your details with customer service operators and an Economic Development officer will contact you directly. The team will use information from the established a Business Support Line to define and develop a range of activities to provide support to businesses throughout the coming weeks or months of uncertainty, with dedicated support and resources from Council.
Darebin Council have opened up their Employee Assistance Program
(EAP) to you and your employees all businesses in Darebin – so you can reach out for information and counselling in this difficult time.
Online counselling resources
You can now log in for free to our EAP supplier, Converge International, and view a range of helpful resources.
Visit their website
and on the ‘Portal Login’ link (in top right corner). Use the below information to gain access.
Council resolved to waive Footpath Trading Permit fees for traders between the 1st March 2020 and 30th June 2021. A four-month refund has been processed and will be provided to all current permit holders in early May, with the renewal of 2020-21 permits to be sent in early July free of charge.
Businesses who have paid their 2020 Food Act or Public Health & Wellbeing Act Registrations will be credited a free registration 16-month registration, until April 2022. You will still need to apply to renew your registration via a new online portal, however there will be no fees. Please ensure you have provided your email address to Council’s Health Protection Unit so we can activate your portal access later in 2020. For businesses requiring urgent financial assistance who wish to register their interest in a pro rata refund of their current 2020 Food Act, or Public Health and Wellbeing Act registrations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then be in touch with more information on this process. Businesses that receive a refund will retain their registration until 30 June 2021.
This information is from the City of Darebin Website